Camilla Baca first trained as a midwife apprentice in 2001-2001. She went on to complete the Hygeia Home Study Midwifery course and work in correspondence with Jeanne Parvati Baker from 2002-2005. Camilla’s own childbirth experiences have informed her role as a birth worker.
Her son was born at home with the assistance of a midwife in 1999, and her daughter was delivered in a planned unassisted birth in 2002.
Since then, Camilla has attended and assisted with a variety of complex births, including VBAC, cesarean, forceps, and multiple presentations. Camilla has 17 years experience and is committed to her ongoing education in this field.
Camilla is a Certified Lactation Counselor with a certificate from the Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice. She is also certified in the TENS unit during labor (for pain management). Camilla is a DONA (Doulas of North America) certified doula . With a commitment to continuing her education as a birth worker, Camilla attends courses and conferences to stay current on evidence-based research in order to provide her clients with the highest quality and most compassionate care possible.
- DONA International Certified Doula
- Certified Lactation Counselor
- Institute for the study of Birth Breath and Death - Holding space for pregnancy loss, Amy Wright Glenn 2016
- Birthing Mama Prenatal Yoga and wellness Corrine Andrews and Amy Wright Glenn. 2016
- Maternal Child Health Specialist Jennie Joseph. ICEA. 2016
- Apprenticed with multiple Midwives (2001-2005)
- In the process of becoming an ICCE Certified Childbirth Educator
- In training to be Pre and Perinatal Psychology Practitioner